THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just like a Circus

Well the Circus has come and gone from Madison. I didn't go but it got me thinking about when I went to the Big Top as a kid.

I remember going to 2 different types of circus'.
The 1 ring circus, and the 3 ring circus.

The one ring circus was great. everyone watched the same thing. The ring leader in the middle, telling everyone to look at the elephant that was balancing on a giant ball. it was great for little kids, eyes wide open, looking in awe at all that consumes the name "CIRCUS".

And then you have the 3 ring circus... WOW 3 rings. It's almost more then anyone should be able to observe in one sitting. U don't know what to focus on. Is it the lion's jumping through fire, or is it clowns piling out of the mini car that calls my attention.

I think that our all our lives are one or the other. Have we upgraded to the chaos of the 3 rings or keep it simple with the 1.

I remember A man that I respect, talking about the lions one time and the purpose of the tamer using the chair to calm them. It's because of the confusion set in by the inability to focus on all 4 legs at the same time and it is rendered helpless.

right now my life feels like a 3 ring circus. There are VERY good and attention grabbing things in each ring but no focus on just one.

I long for the perception of God. that the ring he sees in my life, becomes the one that I see and focus on.
Too many of us are ok with the options. And options are good. But at some point i think we need to pray and ask God for his ultimate ring choice.
Where do it go from here, what does my future entail? do i move or stay put and hope that something that is so small becomes something big. or do i move to the thing that I know will be big even though the small will last for a bit.

I talked to a young man last week about his future. He's almost 19 and really has no vision for his life. high school is over, he wants more but not really driven for "more". he's happy not even thinking about 3 rings. the one he has now, the one he has always had, is 100% ok with him. Or that's what it seems like. Deep inside something grows, something becomes a passion , but with out any support, that one ring will never expand to an option of something more.

"o Lord how my heart longs for more of you"



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dustin...wow...what great insight. I enjoyed the read, as I understand exactly what you're talking about. My prayers are with you as you continue to seek God for His will in your life at this moment in time.